The People's Champ

Have a Chat and Stay in Touch

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
THE CHAMP
Admin

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:14 am

Well it's official; I will be staying at a different hotel to escape babysitting duties. I think the 2nd Favorite Uncle (oh thatís Gary) I mean 3rd favorite Uncle Luke should do most of the babysitting. It really is to bad that Luke isn't flying with you guys.
Gab what's your opinion on drugging 3 year olds?
geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://usatrip.forumotion.com
Gabby

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:20 am

Oh Uncie Marty I think I am all for it! Laughing With all this talk and premonitions of an ugly flight lets pray to God that she surprises us all! Shut up everyone I can hear you laughing at me already.

I think Luke & Jack have a lot of babysitting duties to catch up on don't you Marty??? Maybe a few sleep overs in their room? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bec

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I apologise for not getting onto the LA accommodation situation sooner...but I have some spare time (hopefully!!) tomorrow cheers and will send a few emails and try to get some deals if we have a few of us staying there.

Bec
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bec

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:42 pm

Shopping in Vegas is good. There is a whole centre of outlets, with big name brands. If you google outlet shopping Vegas it will bring up the website. Getaway have just had a department store called Century 21 in New York on tonight, with designer stuff at hugely discounted prices. I haven't looked up their location yet.

I presume that's the kind of shopping you were referring to Gab. For the Pound Sterling earners, I could suggest the boutiques at the Bellagio...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:59 pm

Okay I preface this posting with the declaration that I have drunk a bottle of wine on my own (it's thursday night - is that bad?). Anyway, of course I am a responsible babysitter and will take up my responsibility with honour and dedication that being an absent aunty for twelve months demands! (Now are we dismissive of leaving children alone after Madeline? - oh i'm very sorry, that's just not funny!) Luke is asking whether I am TUIing? (i.e. Typing Under the Influence?)...Well ....if your look back on my posts...i think it is clear that I have a bad habit of typing under the influence and getting myself in trouble...now is this post bad enough to delete? Probably... not because it offends... but because it is rambling!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:01 pm

GARY! WHO THE HELL IS GARY??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
THE CHAMP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:44 am

I am a subject of Jackie's thursday night wine abuse. She called me at 6am pretending to be the commonwealth bank and then she abused me for not buying my own wedding tux, haha. It was great to hear from you Jack, we need to talk more often.

Gary I believe is sometimes called Greg.
Back to top Go down
bec

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:50 am

I am working on the LA accommodation, but not having much luck. Gail, I looked at website called trip advisor, where guests can put their own photos of hotels on the website. There are some interesting photos of bed bug bites from the Ramada!!! affraid

I'll keep at it.

I also heard back from the Dr Phil woman, who said that taping is from 7.30-8.30 start and finished by 11am, if that helps anyone decide whether they can fit it in. I'll need to give her definite numbers very shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:45 am

Becky,thats sounds good about Dr.Phil...I will let you know tomorrow after I have a chance to talk to Tony tonight about us coming back to LA a day earlier and if we might miss too much of SF if we do.
Shazza,does that mean you might be able to make it as that is the day you guys leave to drive to Vegas so could you just leave a bit later Question Question
On another thing Tony was talking to a fellow he knows who told him about a new (I think) web site called ..city 2 see.com...which is a new google earth and it is very clear so thought that might be a way to see if accomm. is okay and other areas of interest.I will try to have a look today.
Jacko,I also have been guilty of TUI...as Im sure many of you would have picked up...I had better be careful or I might get banned again.

ALSO SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT...IT IS MARGS BIRTHDAY TODAY...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG SISTER sunny sunny I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:59 am

Forget what I said about city2see...it appears to be only in Australia..back to google earth No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
THE CHAMP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:16 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARG HAVE A GREAT ONE - WE LUV YA
Back to top Go down
Chezza
Champion

PostSubject: LA accommodation   Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:19 am

I have been looking at excite holidays for LA acc.and there does appear to be more than 1 Ramada.Also what area are we looking at in LA.
Beverly hills?
Hollywood?
Universal studios?
West Hollywood?
And what sort of price should we expect to pay? scratch

Bec,I went to getaway website and had a look at Century 21 Dept.store.It is across the road from World Trade Centre Site.Looks like the place to go...Jacko you probably should check it out when you get there on the first weekend.
Also has anyone heard back from Camden acc. Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bec

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:05 am

I still haven't tried contacting the Camden accommodation. I went through most of the forum looking for the email address, but couldn't find it. Chez, could you give it to me again and I'll try and contact them. Even the name of the hotel, and I can try and look it up. Thanks.

The Ramada I looked at was the one close to Universal Studios. Eeek!

I found a good website the other day that had other hotels close to Universal, and sounded really central but I can't remember what it was. I will endeavour to find it over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gail

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:09 am

Happy birthday Margie, hope you have a lovely day. flower Bec the ramada i was looking at was west hollywood. I think we would like a reasonable price with no bugs. Luke mentioned one in the financial district 4 star, sounded nice, i think around $110us. We mentioned area versus quality of accomm. I am not sure if we will have a car to get around. Will you guys have a car? LA does appear to only have expensive accomm. last minute. Wake up London....Sleep and talk to us. After all it is only 7 weeks now. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:09 am

Hi Becky,
I have been looking at expedia and actually the Ramada plaza West Hollywood had very bad reviews with 3nights acc $602 but Ramada Hollwood Universal at $369 were not too bad but that sounds like the one you mentioned. Has anyone looked at Farmers Daughter,at 3nights for $563 it got very good reviews with people saying location was great but Im not sure if it would be right for us.
Marina international Hotel at Marina del rey also good reviews but not sure
about that location 3 nights $533
Camden info.The Fairfield inn and Suites Fax.8034254006
Phone.8034251010
Claire said she has been dealing with Charlene Jackson so you could direct any correspondence to her.I looked up the hotel on google and got the email address but Im not sure what it is .I will go through the posts and find it and post it next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:25 am

Now for Vegas...
What are we going to do,I have been looking at expedia and excite..and as expected prices are pretty similar

Bellargio is 4 nights expedia $1374 excite $1236

Bally 4 nights '' $839 " $728

MGM Grand " " $814 " $944

caesars palace " " $1051 " $1021

Wynn " " $1252 " $1268

Mirage " " $901 " $972

Im not sure where these hotels are but I think they are near each other.
What does everyone think Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Favourite Uncle

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi Yes we are here..counting down to our Spain trip with Em and then the big one in the US of A!!!!!!

Sounds like a bit been happening down under, couldn't you put things on hold until we get back.......??

I sus out some accomm on the w/end and post for y'all to see!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marg

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Welcome   Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:21 am

Thanks to everyone for your Birthday Wishes.....I had a lovely day (although I did have to go to the physio and Dr.) but aside from that saw my beautiful Harrison and Bec, Ancy, Brad and Warren.
Joe also spoilt me with a gold ring I had seen when in Italy.
My girls also gave me wonderful gifts of a jumper and top both will be used on my trip.
Roll on September 26th (?). All sounds very exciting. bounce
I hope this forum or chat format continues after our trip as it is lovely to hear from everyone especially Jackie and Luke who I must add sent me a message last night.....very sweet of you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woodsy

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:46 am

Happy birthday Marg for yesterday, hope it was a good one and am pleased that Joe remebered.....or did he get reminded?

Hey Jack, I don't think there is anythiong wrong with TUIing at all. I think it should be compulsory to have a drink before the computer is turned on. I try to follow this rule every day, which is difficult sometiimes as the kids are on the computer before they go to school.

The Boss has no trouble complying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bec

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:02 am

OK. After hours on the computer today - unfortunately without alcohol - I have found a website that looks promising for LA accommodation.

www.priceline.com

There is a section on it where you can name your price. The average price per night for a 3 star hotel in downtown LA was $199 (Downtown LA seems the most central to Dodger stadium, universal studios, hollywood etc). I put in $90 as my price to pay and it was successful. It doesn't tell you where it is until you book, but we booked through something similar on lastminute.com when mum, Adrienne and I went to the Gold Coast and it was great, and about half price. Looking at the 3 star properties they have on the priceline website, it looks like Sheraton, Marriott etc. If we are all willing to take a risk, its a pretty big saving. I didn't book. Thought I'd wait for feedback first!

Chezza, I'm sure we can get much cheaper in Vegas. I'll see if this priceline website does Vegas too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi Jackie- read my posts? I'm the queen of ramble!!

Hey Brad- I hope Harry would find me on the beach. I only said I would move away from you guys as not to cramp your style- didn't think i was welcome??

From what i saw ages ago you can get HEAPS cheaper in Vegas- non of this $1000.00 stuff- i'd rather gamble it!!affraid No, only kidding- shop!!

Anyone looked at Excalibur, Luxor?? They seemed very reasonable, down the good end, close to all and beautiful rooms etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabby

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:52 pm

Hey Jackie, how does this time next year sound? Do you remember our conversation after your TUI the other night hmmmmmmm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:00 pm

Are you two talking babies??? Jackie...????Question I know i'd like to about then... just need to talk to Warren:affraid:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Ancy that was a big leap! Although I guess it's normal to have babies on the mind after Veronkia! No Luke and I haven't decided the when where why or...well... I guess we know the how. (And no i haven't been TUIing again).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Just assumed, Jackie, that's what you would have spoken about.... how can you not think it when you are around beautiful liitle ones (NOT mine at school.... ahhhhh!!affraid ), but litlle Harry, my "vitamin H"! Just concerned I wouldn't end up with a child like him. How are they with human cloning these days??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   

Back to top Go down

Welcome
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The People's Champ :: Your first category :: Previous Topics-
Jump to: