The People's Champ

Have a Chat and Stay in Touch

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Brad the kiwi

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Our trip   Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:53 am

It would appear we have finally made some decisons on our trip. We will fly into Lax on the 25th of September so we can catch up with luke and Jackie while we are there. Luke all we need to do is send the girls shopping and we can go pub crawling. We will be in LA for a few days then head to Vegas to begin the celebrations. Then its off to Miami for a few days, we will look into the cruise and let you all know. We are planning on driving up to the wedding at this stage. After the wedding we are planning on heading to san Fran for a few days before we head to Fiji on our way home.

As for the the rugby Woodsy, Finally Aus has managed to pull off an upset and now have installed themselves on a very brittle perch that I am sure will not exsist once they play the return game in Auckland.

Just remember people the rugby world cup is on while we are in the usa so beware the wounded all black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tony terrific

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:16 am

It is good to see some new faces on the Forum ,welcome Ancy & welcome back to the 'Kiwi'also a hearty welcome back to Chezza who was a victim of the tyrannical Site Administrator who banned her and ,in so doing, me for two days !! Also I appear to have lost my "image' pale

We need to get our times right ,I think that Chezza & I meet up with Jackie & Luke in SF on 24th and we arrive in LA on 27th when Gail & Sara arrive .We then head to Las Vegas on 30th. This info may need to be confirmed by the powers to be ????

We were going to drive to LV but it looks like a flight will be our best option Luke says that it is around $60 pp for the trip and given that there will be 6 of us plus luggage I agree that it is the way to go [ and we know what a good driver he is !!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad the kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:02 pm

Tony yu guys should really look at driving from LA to LV its only a 4 hour drive and quite scenic. There is also a fantastic old american style diner that is about half way, The food there was fantastic. I know we will be driving through there again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Hey Marty, just a suggestion about what they guys could do- although the picnic sounds sooooo heavenly (can I suggest the poetry of Keats).... perhaps you could organise a soup kitchen to feed the homeless or visit sick kids in the hospital, something like that ?!!? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi Ancy and Brad
lol! Its nice to hear from you guys and that your plans are coming along nicely!! It's good that you are considering the cruise, does sound really nice and relaxing (as long as there are no cyclones!) and really good value. You guys should try and go to San Fran while your in the area (of LA and Vegas etc) to save yourselves a bit of money going back and forth, but then you may have a stop over there anyway? Ancy, mum said you aren't really keen on New York? I would consider NY if I were you. I can't wait to see NY and am looking forward to it the most (except the wedding of course)!! People that we talk to here rave about NY the most out of all the cities in the USA. They say you could easily spend 2 weeks there and still need more time to see everything. If nothing else - think of the shopping!! Luke and I will be conserving our money until we hit NY and will be shopping like mad! It's not long now. I can't wait to see everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Oh yea just on the driving to LA to Vegas. We had planned all along to drive from LA to vegas. But then we tried pricing hiring a car for 6 people taking into account 6 suit cases and it seemed really hard to find a car big enough. The one we found was hard to come by and really expensive. So then we thought that we would have to hire two cars but then we would be split up and have a problem with drivers etc. Then we priced a flight and it is so cheap thought it would be worth considering as then we don't have to worry about driving and directions etc. But then I guess you guys will be in the same position as us and if you are leaving for Vegas at the same time as us then maybe we should put our head together? Or is that too hard? I am not a 100% sure what day we r leaving for vegas either. It could be 30/9 or 1/10? I'm not sure what Gail and Sarah want to do? I think Luke is leaning towards 30/9 and I am still torn. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woodsy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Ancy   Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:41 am

Us visiting sick kids is not a good idea. I've seen some kids scarred for life after a Kiwi tells them some jokes and tries to cheer them up.

They would probably ask for money anyway, and Sharon said she's not giving 'em any of hers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:29 am

Hi Woodsy-
I just thought in light of Marty's plans that doing something so unselfish would be an EXCELLENT male bonding activity. Don't you think it goes hand in hand with a picnic and poetry?? (seeing as a pub crawl would be the furthest thing from any of your minds!!) lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi all again,
just found an interesting site "holiday truth.com" that independently reviews hotels all aroung the world- heaps of Vegas reviews. Worth a look for all hotels across USA you may be booked into or planning to. Very Happy

http://www.holiday-truth.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad the kiwi

PostSubject: Scarring Kids   Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:36 pm

Ah yes the jokes. Whats your flight number Woodsy I think I have about 14hrs worth of jokes that I could pass on to you during the flight. I think we could all dress up like homeless people and drink from brown paper bags and see how much money we could make busking on the street of Camden. Between my singing and Luke and Martys crossdressing I am confident we would be a hit. Something to consider I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi Gab- haven't heard form you!! Gee, I wonder if you are preoccupied about something?? Question

I apologise in advance for this, but it can't be helped i'm affraid- just saw it......clown (Hee Hee) affraid

PS I'll do some platters for next week.

XXX Ancy XXX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad the kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:13 am

you hiding in here Woodsy WOODSY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabby

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:52 pm

Thanks Ancy. You will take note of the time I am writing this and feel a little sympathy for me. Leg cramps and reflux have kept me awake for the past 3 nights so now I have completely given up on the idea of sleep. If anyone needs to get in touch with me midnight is available Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:44 am

Hi Gab- foung my personal message from you- The Excalibur was the one with great reviews and good for kids- especially because the pool is only 3 feet deep. New york New york was another with rave reviews- and heaps better positions, both of them, to where you'd want to check out. You teaching history, would be interested tin the re-creation of King Tut's tomb in the Luxor!! farao (looks cool!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Marty
We have a problem,Dad can not log in it keeps telling him wrong name and password and to try again...Can you please have a look at that darling.Thank youxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shazza

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:58 pm

Hi Gab, if you are there???? I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. I hope you enjoyed your shower and playdough making this afternoon with Scarlett!!! I remember those days well, it ws a lot of fun! except I was the one who always had to clean up. You too? It sucks doesn't it. Never mind the kids always enjoyed it. I can do something for you on the weekend. Just name it. Shazza xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bec

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: welcome   Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:59 am

Hi all,

I have contacted the Dr Phil show to see if they are taping shows while we are in LA. They are (Tues, Wed and Thurs) and I am going to contact them tomorrow to ask how many tickets I can get. Is anyone interested???

Bec Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:35 pm

If it can possibly be arranged count me in Becky.I guess it depends on time and tickets available.Dr.Phil is the man bounce

Ancy I know it wont be easy and I mighnt be a willing participant but please,please make me go to the gym with you...I can just imagine after all the extra eating and drinking we will be doing(and why shouldnt we)how I'll be when I arrive in SC and my outfit doesnt fit...It wont be pretty...bit like Shaz when she is cut off : affraid Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:51 pm

Something else I just realised...2 months to the day we will be in San Francisco..It still has not sunk in yet Very Happy... and should be enjoying a lovely meal and drink with our Jack and Luke bounce :bounce:I know its not good to wish your life away..but. I know how I feel but I am very aware of a young couple feeling it even more I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bec

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: welcome   Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:32 am

I have emailed Dahlia Schneiderman from Dr Phil and told her that Thursday 27th Sept is the only date that suits us. Chezza and Jackie, it might mean you have to come to LA from San Fran on the Wed night. I'll let you know what I hear!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marg

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Vegas   Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:12 pm

Just realised with all this Wedding Anniversary talk that I will be away for mine....Not that Joe will notice as we don't really celebrate it.

Count me in for the Dr. Phil taping.....pity Harrison can't come as Dr. Phil is his favourite show too. Just thought....Maybe I will be minding the little man so his Mum can go.....anyway that is ok.

Hope you are feeling well Gabby....looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Also looking forward to seeing Jackie and Luke....Thanks for the welcome Jackie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Mum, I have NO INTEREST AT ALL in see DR Phil, so I can mind Harry!!

Chez, we need to make a deal that we will be fitness buddies!! I am happy to do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chezza
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Marg,
Dont give up your seat to Dr.Phil...there will be plenty of men who can keep Harry company...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ancy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:51 pm

Hey mum, forgot to add that Bec found a one day cruise to the Bahamas that looks very good if we decide not to risk booking the other. Pretty cheap, too. She spoke to her travel agent friend who said she had done a day cruise there and that was fine. This deal was better though, she said. So either way- all is good!! Horrah!!Very Happy

And Gab- I can't speak for everyone, but I am wishing my life away (sure others are too) 'cause I just want to go!!!!! Mad NOW!!! Evil or Very Mad

...... felt like some colour....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad the kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:07 pm

Listen here ladies you can all go to Dr Phil as I think I may spend some time at malibu beach with my son..... sorry t disappoint all you potential babysitters but dad would like to spend some time with his son.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome   

Back to top Go down

Welcome
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The People's Champ :: Your first category :: Previous Topics-
Jump to: