The People's Champ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The People's Champ

Have a Chat and Stay in Touch

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome

Go down 
+12
Cat (Marty's Woman)
Chezza
Brad the kiwi
Favourite Uncle
Sarah is nice
Jackie
Gabby
bec
tony terrific
Gail
Woodsy
THE CHAMP
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
THE CHAMP
Admin
THE CHAMP

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Welcome   Welcome EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 am

Hi Everyone
I have decided to make this forum so people can ask questions about the wedding or if they just want to talk about their travel plans. If you have any questions, you can either post a new topic or just reply. If you have got any questions just ask, and I can put them on the forum. Check back regularly to see whats been posted.
I look forward to seeing whats been posted
Cheers
Marty Very Happy

Remember put any info you have on here
Back to top Go down
https://usatrip.forumotion.com
Woodsy

Woodsy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 9:31 am

Good work Marty, Sharon and I will be able to put our itinerary on here for all to see shortly, similar to what Luke emailed out. We are waiting on some confirmation emails first.

All the best,

Woodsy
Back to top Go down
Gail

Number of posts : 16

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: USA Wedding Tour!!!!   Welcome EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:12 am

Hi Marty and everyone, I have been hanging out for some USA talk, so this is great I am very excited, Disneyland, upsizing and all that. bounce
Gail Stapo
Back to top Go down
tony terrific

tony terrific

Number of posts : 20

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 12:23 pm

This is an interesting concept and is good ,Cheryl is my tour organiser so I will have to get her into action with our Itinerary although I do know that we fly out to San Francisco on 24th September where we finally meet up with Jackie & Luke bounce
Back to top Go down
tony terrific

tony terrific

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 12:30 pm

Another tit bit of information I heard tonight was that Sharon confidentally relayed to Cheryl 'the Oracle" that the luggage weight allowed at check-in for Qantas flights to America and in America is an unbelievable 70 kilos per person.

We need further confirmation of this claim as in the past she has been known to sometimes confuse the issue especially after the first bottle affraid
Back to top Go down
bec

bec

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: welcome   Welcome EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 4:57 am

Hi Everyone,

Well done Marty! We are in the final stages of working out dates - depending if Brad is going to a trade show in Atlanta first. Mum and Adrienne's plans are tied up with ours. Once we are confirmed, we'll let everyone know. Gab, more than happy to help where we can (me, Mum and Ancy) with both Scarlett and Baby X! Very Happy From our experience in the US a few years ago, we are not booking much accommodation (will wing it when we're there. There's millions of hotels that offer great rates if you just turn up!), only key spots ie. Vegas and Camden. Brad has signed up to most of the main hotels in Vegas' websites, and is getting offers emailed. Will let everyone know if any are particularly good!
Back to top Go down
bec

bec

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: welcome   Welcome EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 5:02 am

Have just checked the Qantas website for baggage allowances. Even though everything is BIGGER in the US, its a 70lb or 32kg allowance - not 70kg! If that was the case, we could have saved an airfare and smuggled a person in our bags!! flower
Back to top Go down
THE CHAMP
Admin
THE CHAMP

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 6:21 am

Good pick up Bec, I was thinking 70kg seems to much. I was actually going to double check that myself. 32 kg is standard for economy,
Also wanted to say a Happy Birthday to Rebecca today.

Happy Birthday Bec Wink
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

Number of posts : 32

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:04 am

Thanks Bec, thats one of the reasons I will leave Conrad to his seminar and come to Camden alone so that way Scarlett will have other people to keep her occupied and spend more time with Jackie & Luke. At least Harry will have someone to play with as well. I am very quickly gathering an assortment of goodies to show her on the plane to keep her occupied for at least the first 15 minutes anyway!! Very Happy pig pig pig pig pig pig pig These pics are Scarlett's contribution to my post!! affraid flower elephant Twisted Evil cat afro
Back to top Go down
tony terrific

tony terrific

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Travel arrangements   Welcome EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 3:04 pm

I have spoken to a few people who say they would be concerned without having accommdation in Vegas as it is a conference centre and a woman I know was there in April and there were 120,000 at a conference.Even though it must be huge would that be a risk?Most of us will be there during the week and not the weekend so the rates will be quite a lot cheaper because with so many people taking advantage of a weekend away there the rates are quite a bit more.Also we seem to have
misplaced our tour directors so not sure how our plans are going Question Crying or Very sad
love cheryl
Back to top Go down
Gail

Number of posts : 16

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: HELLO LONDON!!!!   Welcome EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 11:14 pm

I think Cheryl the London contingent are busy sourcing out fun things for us to do on tour. They may appear soon. It is 13 weeks today that Sarah and I fly out, one whole school term plus 2 weeks school hols...not long......L and J see you soon day!!! Shocked

Love Gail
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 12:28 am

Tried to ring Jackie last night but got voice message. Got an email this morning though telling me she's really busy and promises to write to everyone soon! She was very happy when I told her we had actually paid now so we are in!!! Smile

Spoke to travel agent last night - she said def 30kgs but recommends only packing 23kgs as domestic flights only allow 23kgs. Have a great day all!!!
Back to top Go down
THE CHAMP
Admin
THE CHAMP

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 10:00 am

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

This is a link for information on visa's to get into america. Most will be fine but some may need an updated passport. Its not a big deal because all are staying less than 90 days. The main thing you need is a machine readable passport. I think all should be fine, have a look at the link or speak to your travel agents.
I hate visas Evil or Very Mad

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/id_visa/visitors_us/vwp/vwp_timeline.ctt/vwp_timeline.pdf
this is a pdf telling you if your passport is machine readable.

Last edited by on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tony terrific

tony terrific

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: public transport   Welcome EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 10:01 am

What does everyone think about the idea of starting a business in SC USA...An astute businessperson could make a killing with a taxi or bus company...hard to believe there is no public transport in SC.Unfortunately Tony or I would not be able to help as our son has forbidden us from driving in the USA(apparently we are too old and crocherty although he didnt seem to mind before he had his license) geek
Back to top Go down
THE CHAMP
Admin
THE CHAMP

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 am

You were a lot younger than, I wouldn't want any of this at the wheel affraid .
They have some funny rules, that are different like you can turn right on all red lights (unless states otherwise) They also have a turning lane that is in the middle, it a complete mess both sides of traffic us it, and once you have been driving on a freeway and you get to one of these, it may get confusing.
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: driving   Welcome EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 12:18 pm

what else would you expect from USA. They don't want you to move within or outside the country. (I did want too write something which was more purposeful in its meaning but Gabby said that there are a few of you that would say "that inappropriate Conrad". SO what does everyone in SC do; run/walk/drink?
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone! - Marty this is a great idea! It's great for Luke and I, as its like talking to you all in person (which may sound strange and a bit bimboish unless you have been away from everyone for so long like us). Well I am getting really excited now it is getting so close to seeing everyone!! I can't wait!
I have just read the history and I would recommend that nobody take more then 20 kilos in their suitcases. I would be trying to take about 15 kilos because you will inevitably buy stuff and it is amazing how quickly your bags fills up! For those of you with babies (and extensive grooming practices Very Happy Very Happy ) I know this may be very difficult. In Europe/UK they are really strict with luggage and charge you if you go over 20 kilos. Also you can only check one bag and have one carry on luggage. In your carry on luggage you can't take ANY liquids/pastes/gel/spray etc unless in clear bottle and under 100mls. You also have to store them in small clear plastic bag and show the bag to security when you go through at airport. I'm guessing this will be same at US given 911 etc. I am only saying all this because while you'll be fine to take whatever weight etc on flight to USA, but once you start flying around within US on cheap domestic airlines etc they are much more strict (well they are here anyway).
Anyway will keep you updated with news our end!! Getting very excited. Like Gail, I am very happy to be able to start talking about the trip!!! Yeah!!!
Back to top Go down
THE CHAMP
Admin
THE CHAMP

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 1:58 am

Good to see you made it Jackie, I thought you might like this seeing as though I have poor communication skills and all. Very Happy

Oh and Conrad its probably a good idea that you listen to Gab, maybe you should do it more often Suspect because I have the power to edit and delete post's.
So if you bag my woman or her Country, you get deleted Twisted Evil

I have a feeling that post like "Welcome" are going to get crowded, please feel free to also use other post such as "Important dates" and "Wedding Stuff" only though if it relates to those subjects. Though don't worry to much about this because if people are happy doing this than thats fine with me. The less confussing the better. scratch

Marty
king

Last edited by on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarah is nice

Sarah is nice

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Marty's Communication Skills   Welcome EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 7:59 am

I don't know how anybody could be critical of your communication skills (Marty) - you're just so good at putting those little smiley faces and pictures in your posts
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 8:21 am

Jackie - what day will you be arriving in Camden? The kids and I will be there on the 10th at 6:45pm. I am guessing you will be there about the 11th? Sad
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 1:08 pm

Gabby - We are getting to SC on the 10th king - I can't remember the time, I think maybe the morning. :!:

Marty - I didn't say you had poor communication skills. affraid I implied that you were a bit quiet, that's all!! I also knew you had a sense of humour and could take it as good as you give it! Very Happy By the way – what prompted you to set this chat up??
sunny
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 1:31 pm

He was bored at work and had nothing to do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tony terrific

tony terrific

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Shazza   Welcome EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 3:47 pm

I am very surprised we havent heard from Shazza Wood..aka THE SPONGE re the debate about luggage...where are you Shazza??? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 7:40 pm

Dad and mum - did i tell you we booked your flights to NY?? Question Question
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie