The People's Champ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The People's Champ

Have a Chat and Stay in Touch

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VEGAS

Go down 
+10
Favourite Uncle
bec
Gail
Jackie
Shazza
Marg
Chezza
Brad the kiwi
Ancy
THE CHAMP
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gail

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-26

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Los Angeles Accomm   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 4:29 am

Hi Bec and all travellers

On LA accomm. we had been discussing the Ramada Inn which is the area where you have suggested, west hollywood/universal area. It had good reviews, a buffet breaky and a good price. It appeared cheaper direct from the Ramada website. Chezza checked it out so you discuss it. One review said they didn't like the area but the rest were great. There are wispers that we are leaving LA maybe on the sunday evening of the 30th, so we would require 3 nights. Lets know what else you can find, and with quite a few rooms to book you might be able to do a deal. I would be good to finalise something after all the clock is ticking.affraid
Back to top Go down
Gail

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 4:49 am

On that ramada inn booking via the website give you a 20% discount if u stay 3 nights or more. It is $89.25US per night plus taxes. Gives you an idea to compare others. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ancy

Ancy

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-14

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 2:29 am

Hi Jackie and Luke- what's with the photo changes? Giving us a slide show of your where-abouts, show offs!! Laughing

(nice photos, though) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-28

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi Ancy, I thought my first photo was blurry and I put Luke's one on as a joke as I thought he would change it straight away, but he didn't really care. Now I have a taste for change and can't stop myself!! jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Chezza
Champion
Chezza

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-30

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 2:44 pm

Jackie and Marty,You make me feel bad with your photos of our beautiful Veronika,but I hope you understand that at my age I will probably never look as good as I do in my photo so I will have to keep it on my post...Is that vain Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Ancy

Ancy

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:41 pm

Oh, Chez- so vain, selfish and un-grandmotherly!! (JOKE) lol!

I'd like Gail to add a photo. And where has Sarah been hiding?? Do you have a real job where you are actually busy all the time and can't slacken off for an hour or two a day??

My lesson preparing is USA preparation- hope for the best in the classroom!!affraid Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

Number of posts : 32

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:43 pm

Mum everyone knows you are vain! What about poor Scarlett - her photos have been ditched already!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ancy

Ancy

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi Gab!!

Maybe Marty can alternate photos, as not to seem like he has favourites??

Hope all is well- you all look so healthy! BEAUTIFUL photos, enjoying them all!! xxxx:heart:
Back to top Go down
Gail

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Accomm and everything!!!   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 4:25 am

Basketball Hi all

I have been taking all this in, accomm LA and LV and everything. Sarah is at Splender at Byron Bay and otherwise too busy to add anything. Luke is away with it talking only Ibizia Spain, sangria, tappas sun and fun. Like who cares about spain, (Sad I'm not going )

Bec and Ancy I looked at priceline sounds like a go, I was a bit confused as you mentioned those hotel chains as 3 star, I would have thought they were more like 4 star, being up round $200 a night on their web site??? Downtown would get more value for money, and wherever we are we have to get around somehow.

LasVegas so many options. Original talk was for Bellagio, live it up a bit, I have been looking closely at MGM Grande and love the pool, river area. Seems like some fun rides and cabanas to hire all loaded up with goodies. Couple of huge spa pools and numerous other pools. On their website you can get $150 a night. What do the Ryan ryan's think???

Priceline (luke has had a look at it) has some las vegas stuff too. I am easily swayed, no fixed ideas about it, so eager to hear other ideas. With las vegas I wouldn't mind leaving it until LA and calling where we would like to stay before we leave LA. Early in the week the prices are so much cheaper we could take our pick. I think TT could call and tell them it is Anthony LaPaglia flying in with some important guests, and do a deal!!!!! Laughing Oh well more web sites and more thinking!!!

Can't wait now!!! xx
Back to top Go down
Conrad

Conrad

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-04

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 12:06 pm

I will be a Vegas Virgin. Do be kind to me while I'm there.
Back to top Go down
Favourite Uncle

Favourite Uncle

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-27

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Might make it easier if we have some consensus on where people want to stay in Vegas so we're happy with MGM Grand.

We are keen to see Cirque Du Soleil KA in Vegas. It's on at the MGM Grand 2nd and 3rd October.

Tickets prices range from $100 to $150.

Looks pretty cool sus it out at:
http://www.mgmgrand.com/entertainment/ka-cirque-du-soleil-show.aspx

If anyone else is keen let me know and we'll get some tickets!!
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi Guys, we are happy to stay at the MGM but won't do cirque!
Back to top Go down
Ancy

Ancy

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 10:32 pm

Would it matter if we stay in different places to use each other's facilities? The ones we are considering are all around each other anyway- bit of variety and feedback about others??
I personally am interested in the Luxor farao from the reviews..... but it does come down to cost really. Bellagio is out of the question affraid (I am sure -when speaking for the others) for us.
Back to top Go down
Gabby

Gabby

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 1:58 pm

Bellagio is out for us as well. I am happy with Luxor or Excalibur or MGM. Hey two weeks ago I wasn't even going to be there with you guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Ancy

Ancy

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Ya-hoo, Gabbie!cheers
Back to top Go down
Gail

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The circus!!!!   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 8:37 am

Yes thanks Luke I am in for Cirque, my friend was there this time last year and went to the show, says it is the best show she has ever seen. (Even though this is a new one)

David Copperfield is another one. Also good but cirque takes the cake!!!!
Ancy u are definitely the queen of posts!!!! I am so happy there is another early riser on tour, I was also awake at 5.30am.

Who may be interested in the helcopter to the canyon? Another visiter to my office said it was fantastic, but best to book online. Any comments???

Where are the bride and groom hiding??
Back to top Go down
Conrad

Conrad

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-04

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 12:46 pm

Hi Gail - friends of ours who live in the US told us not to book those flights until your in Vegas as they are much cheaper to book last minute rather than online. She shouted her mum and dad a flight to the grand canyon and they were able to get it at a quarter of the price once they got to their hotel and asked at the reception desk what deals they could get.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi all,

I was going to put this photo of Scarlett holding Veronika straight up but I thought it may be unfair on Veronika given she was just born and all!!!

Luke and I are just happy to say MGM cause at some point you just have to make a decision. We have spoken to some people here and they have said it is really good. Plus we want somewhere with good amenities eg pool etc. We don't all have to stay at the same place because I guess we can then use each other facilities depending which one looks the best!!

Beccy, we looked at the priceline option and talked about it with Gail. We were keen but sort of decided against it because you just don't know what you are going to end up with. If it was any city but Vegas we would probably go with it but because your hotels location and ametities seems to be important in Vegas (given you mainly just drink, gamble, shop and hang about by pool?) we didn't really think we should chance it.
Laughing Laughing

Gail, I think the David Copperfield show is a goer if you are keen? Although there are heaps of shows on there may be something else worth seeing instead? I will check!!
bounce bounce

BTW - I can not believe Emma will be arriving in less then 2 weeks
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mad Embarassed Laughing No affraid alien pig Shocked cheers
Back to top Go down
bec

bec

Number of posts : 28

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 am

Jackie, I agree with booking Vegas, but what about giving the priceline option a go in LA? You are guaranteed a star rating and it would have to be from the properties they have listed on their website. We had a good experience with a similar thing on the Gold Coast. Did you see the taping times for Dr Phil. It will be over by 11am if you want to join us. I need to let them know asap.

Looking forward to seeing you... I love you
Back to top Go down
Ancy

Ancy

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 am

Hi Gail- am interested in the flight over the canyon- if organising later is better, that's fine. Love doing those tours!!

Am sleeping through the night/ morning (go the 'rescue remedy' sleep drops!!) , so not posting so early now....

... plus enjoy 'talking' to you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
THE CHAMP
Admin
THE CHAMP

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-06-25

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:31 am

I don't know if I will be seeing any show's. Cat wont be coming to Vegas and I will be sharing a room with Nick as well. I wouldn't mind seeing one though, I might have a look while i'm there. Check out whats on and see if I can get a good price?
And Gail I don't know where the devil Cat has gone? But i'm back.
Back to top Go down
https://usatrip.forumotion.com
Jackie

Jackie

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 11:52 am

And where have you been? Hmmm? Busy at work? - Ha (just joking) jocolor
Back to top Go down
Chezza
Champion
Chezza

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-30

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi guys, sunny

Im all for trying priceline for LA....

We will do Cirque..(actually saw it today..it was in a scene from the movie Knocked Up..looked great)

David Copperfield...might have to give that some thought...not crazy about magic. clown

I thing MGM Grand would be great

I will probably be talked into Helicopter ride at Grand Canyon...I thought I would rather spend money shopping but some people have said how could you spend all that money on the trip and not go to something like that...Tony was going all along so I should go too

Poor ole Woodsy,he was very disappointed when he found out they dont make donkeys big enough for people his size..he really wanted to trek into The Grand Canyon on a donkey..and Im not joking Sad
Back to top Go down
Gail

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi all

I'm for all of the above with chezza. Bec priceline 2 star bidding is $152, thought last weekend we saw $99. See one there downtown for $85, I'm with whatever u can find.

Found a web site for hire car, seven seater ford mini van for $209us. Avis is over $600 for 3 days. Looks a little like a suv. Prob work out cheaper for transport. Eager to hear any ideas etc. Are the Dr Phil group on which might mean ryans-stapos arrive Wed.???

We are in for the baseball, so with booking Cirque that will prob. do me until we arrive. Conrad thanks for the heli tip. This trip better hurry up and get here I'm getting exhausted from the www.

Yours in travel xxx:bounce:
ps Jack yes em soon there, I wonder if this era will go down in history as the "stolen young adults", the best ones leaving aust to work in pommie land. x
Back to top Go down
bec

bec

Number of posts : 28

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:09 am

I spoke to my girlfriend yesterday who is a travel agent about where to stay in LA. She couldn't believe I was looking at Downtown...said it is totally unsafe. She said she would prefer to stay at a 2 star hotel in Santa Monica than a 5 star in downtown LA. I'll get back onto searching...

In terms of being close to everything, she said LA is so spread out you won't be close to everything regardless of where you stay.

Gail, Dr Phil is on. As far as I know, Cheryl has said they will be in LA on the Wed. We need to be at the studio at about 7.30am, and will be finished by 11am.

The priceline website gives you the average price for that star-rating property, but you then submit what you're willing to pay. Will let you know what I find for Santa Monica. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VEGAS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VEGAS   VEGAS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

VEGAS
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next